Fremont – Aug – Blog 12
Physical & Emotional Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
Getting a therapeutic massage can offer many great benefits, from aiding in relaxation to relief from pain. Aside from physical benefits, massage can also provide great benefits for your mental and emotional health.
Physical Benefits of Massage
- Pain Relief – Medical research has shown that there are many benefits of massage, including pain relief. Massage helps relieve pain by stimulating the muscles and causing the body to release endorphins, or “feel-good hormones.” Conditions like fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, back and neck pain, and headaches can be helped by regular therapeutic massage. As a result of massage, you will need to take less or no pain-killing medication.
- Improved Circulation –Massage also improves the circulation of blood in the body. This means that your body enjoys an improved supply of nutrients to individual cells and improved transport of waste materials from cells.
- Improves Lymphatic System –The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs that help rid the body of toxins, waste, and other unwanted materials. When your lymphatic system is healthy, you are less susceptible to illnesses and your body is better able to heal itself. Massage promotes the stimulation of the lymphatic system by boosting the body’s immunity and natural defense mechanisms against illness.
- Relieves Inflammation – Inflammatory diseases and conditions, like arthritis, tendinitis, and bursitis, can be treated using massage. This works by loosening and relaxing the muscles.
- Increases Flexibility – Frequent massage increases flexibility in the joints and improves a wider range of movements. This fluidity of movement also lessens the chances of getting muscle injuries.
Mental Benefits of Massage
- Stress Relief – During massage, the hormone cortisol is released, which is responsible for lowering stress levels in the body. When your stress levels are lower, the body is better able to heal itself. It also lowers blood pressure, which relieves anxiety.
- Improves Emotional Well-Being – Another benefit of massage is that it fulfills the body’s natural need for touch. When you enjoy regular massage, it will improve your emotional well-being by making you feel nurtured. This lowers stress levels and feelings of anxiety, improving your emotional well-being.
- Improves Concentration –When you feel relaxed and calm, you are better able to focus and concentrate. This ability to focus helps the mind be more creative and productive.
- Promotes Better Sleep – Sleep is the time our body uses to heal, rebuild, and refresh. Lack of sleep can cause many problems, including as irritability, lack of concentration, and fatigue. Anxiety, depression, and other issues can deprive people of sleep. Regular massage can aid with this by relaxing the mind and the body.
Massage therapy has been practiced for thousands of years and across many cultures. This is because therapeutic massage promotes a rebalance of the body and its systems. As a result, it helps detoxify and heal, both the physical body and the mind.